Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lazy Sundays


Kolkata is a city of energy, a city in motion. From early morning till late at night, despite the seemingly unbearable heat or the relentless monsoon rains, you cannot stop the people of this city. But for one sacred day of the week, the pace of life slows.

Teenage boys reclaim the streets for a game of cricket; the laundry shop converts its rickety ironing board into a temporary poker table for an evening game of cards among the elders and shopkeepers.

So I scavangered for my not so often used camera to capture this such special of all days.

This is how I spent my lazy Sunday…


Meet Sandy and Katherine, my trusted companions of the last several days, and my introduction to Kolkata street food


The city herdsmen?



and then finally an afternoon with the folks of Mcleod Street



and this guy...


No comments:

Post a Comment